Tuesday, 22 May 2012
*Post the rules* *You must post 11 things about yourself* *Answer the questions that your tagger posted for you* *Create 11 questions, then choose 11 people and tag them to answer your questions* *Remember to let them know you tagged them* *No tag backs* *Let the tagger know when you answered their questions*
Now, I'm drinking a tall glass of water because this is a roller-coaster of questions and it ain't easy but It's gonna be exciting.. Soooooo
11 Things About Me
1. I'm crazy about banana...There is this sweet sensation I experience when gobbling it up and it feels like seventh heaven. Some sweet background music always pops up in my head when I eat it and my eyes roll back. Like I always tell people, someone could jazz me with it and I would be none the wiser.
2. I have dreams of people I have never met. I keep thinking..am I meant to meet this people or is this some kind of MEDIUM thingy going on? Or hold up.. Am I psychic?
3. I'm crazy about silver. Silver earrings, Silver bangles, Silver watches, Silver shoes, Silver hair-accessories and yes, no gold for me. My mum thinks it's strange that I don't dig gold.. Haha..Dig gold? Nice one...See me hyping myself..LOL.. I bet if a werewolf saw me, it would skid for its lair because I'd be ''reeking'' of silver..Yeah I'd be the new ''Underworld'' chic.. I could totally rock that look.
4. I try to bat my eyes flirtishly and to others, it looks like I have got stuff in my eyes I want to get out..lol..not a good look on me.
5. I love hanging around people that can get me laughing any day, any time. Humour helps me get through some bad days and besides, is it rumour or fact that laughing makes you look younger. Ahhh, Laughing all the way is the deal for me and when I say all the way, there is no ''forming'' things when it comes to me laughing. It could pass for a cackle, snicker, or a shriek. Haha, you never know with me.
6. I come off as a ''dumb black'' when people meet me for the first time but then I love to do the surprising act by showing them the chic right here has got them brains. Besides, I hate it when people undermine or underestimate me.
7. When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a newscaster. I would sit in front of a mirror reading from a book and I would pronounce the words with extreme phonetics. Then, I thought my voice was the ''shiznit''. Talk about some ego, huh?
8. Sometimes, I love to be by myself...Jeez wait, I'm not saying I don't love company but sometimes, the chic has got to get into the zone of deep thought and we can't possibly have that with people around, can we?
9. I don't know why but I hate it when people use the phrase ''I don't know the guy/chic from Adam''. Don't ask me.. I still don't know why it irks me. Odd, right?
10. I love sticking to time. You give me a date and time and if I get there 10 to 15 minutes late, I feel like I broke a big rule or something. No african time for me.
11. I love dancing. I'm currently working on perfecting my azonto moves. I'm about to stomp the yard and dancers out there, you are gonna get served! Hehe..
QUESTIONS FROM A-9JA-GREAT
1. What is the most important attribute you look for in the opposite sex? A great personality. Without that, there shall be no long-lasting chemistry.
2. What is your passion? I have got passions but since you asked for one, it will have to be finding answers to unresolved questions. I guess that's why I love being a scientist. It's all about having a curious mind.
3. What would you do if you had a million dollars? *scratches head* Start up my own food processing company and propel myself to be among the big leagues. (I know, that answer was too serious abi). On the fun side, I would jump up and down, give my loving parents a sizeable chunk of it, party hard, live the fab life and then get down to business (above).
4. What do you consider your best attribute? My personality. I'm quick to laugh and I care alot about others.
5. When did you have your first kiss? Uhmmm, 16 or 17 thereabouts.
6. Do you prefer someone in a suit or casually dressed? Casually dressed baby. People in suits look too uptight for me. I relax more with people dressed in jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, etc. the whole works.
7. What's the best book you have ever read? Tough one but i'll say The Da Vinci Code.
8. If you had the opportunity to see any influential person, who would it be? With no doubt, it would be Bill Gates.
9. Do you enjoy PDA (Public Display of Affection)? I'm shyyyy so no, not really. *covers face*
10. Comedy, Romance, Thriller, Drama which best describes the type of movies you like. Kai, I love all. If I choose one, the others will be mad at me. It's hardddd. I love all. I can't do this *sobs*
11. When exactly would you like to get married and start a family? uhmm, give or take, 2 - 3 years from now. I aim to achieve alot before tying the knot.
Whew!!! A-9ja-Great, I have done it. *wipes forehead* It wasn't easy but I made it through. *gulps another glass of water*.. Oya, on to the next one.
QUESTIONS FROM TOINLICIOUS
1. What is the one question you would ask God if you could? Dear God, can the future laid out for me be happy, bright and better than my past and present?
2. What is your most embarassing moment? When I alighted from a bike in public and my leg accidentally touched a mad man; the man was freakin' mad.. he was raving and almost pursued me. I had to hide behind the bike-man for cover. he scared the blood cells out of me.
3. If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would it be? Erase terrorism.
4. If you could say one thing to the current pope, what would you say? Ehmmm, I don't know... I would probably stare him down and in Joey's voice from FRIENDS, say ''How you doing?''
5. What is the one thing you wish you could un-invent in the world and why? Bombs... Need I say more?
6. What is the most terrifying moment of your life? When I almost lost my mum to stroke.
7. If you were to be recognised by posterity for one thing, what would it be? Being one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived.
8. What colour best describes you? It's Brown, baybeeee..
9. If you could commit one crime without being caught, what would it be? Hacking into the FBI's database and finding out what secret lab stuff they are up to.. I know, I have been watching too many movies.
10. If you had to name one lesson of love that took you the longest to learn, what would it be and why? You can recover from a broken heart.
11. If you could be guaranteed one thing besides money, what would you want? Everlasting happiness. I love being happy.
Toin, there.. questions answered. Oya, mark them. lol.
QUESTIONS FROM DAMMY JEWEL
1. Money or love..which would you choose? Love....I love love...Money is nothing without someone to love and share it with.
2. If you had the chance would you change your career, if yes to what? Uhmmm, if I was in the arts field, I would choose law.. I like to bring up alternative arguments to mind-boggling issues....
3. If you could go anywhere right now, where, why and with whom will it be? I'd go to one of the exotic Caribbean Islands where the beaches are white, the skies are blue, the seas mimic the sky in colour and be there with the man who is in tune with me, body, heart and soul because that would be reliving an epic romance.
4. Favourite colour? Brown.
5. Craziest thing you have ever done? I'll get back to you on that one.
6. If you could become a genius right now in what field, what would it be and why? Field of science, Inventing something worth mentioning and be among the great geniuses. Kai, sometimes I can be a nerd.
7. What did you have for lunch? Spaghetti.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My short hair. Wish I could whip my hair back and forth. *sighs*.
9. If you could make a change in the world right now, what decree would you want to pass? I would destroy weapons of all sorts.
10. If you could trade places with any celebrity right now, who would it be? Beyonce. I would love to experience the euphoria and sensation of dancing and singing on stage and hearing the fans call my name. That chic has got some moves.
11. What gift do you want for your next birthday? Whatever is the latest I-stuff around that time. I love tech stuff. and oooh, my birthday is 16th december. Thanks in advance.
*takes 3rd glass of water* Done did it.
Alright, my questions
1. If you had to name the one thing that frightens you most about growing old, what would it be?
2. 500 years from now, only one book which exists today will still be available. Which book should it be?
3. Name something you do when you are alone that you wouldn't do in front of others.
4. What is the most annoying thing that someone could do to you?
5. If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?
6. If you could have one super power, what would you want and why?
7. If a movie were made about your life, what would the theme song be?
8. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
9. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up and why would it be hard to lose?
10. What do you do when you are bored?
11. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
7. Lily Johnson
8. Amaka's Notepad
Any one else not tagged or is a visitor on this blog, please feel free to answer my questions. Would sooo love to read your answers. Love you all, my dearest readers.
Wednesday, 4 April 2012
Thank you all, my blog sweethearts for your uplifting comments on my last post. A lot of ''gracias'' from me are in order. Lets all pretend like I haven't shown up on my blog and been AWOL for 10 days now. Let's whistle it all out, put our hands in our pockets and do the frisky walk. Yes, pretense is just fine, but only in this regard.
For the past one week, I have been losing a lot of sleep at night and I mean A LOT. Good sleep i tell ya. My beauty sleep. All gone with the wind. Why? You ask. Take a wild guess. No, it is not thoughts of a boyfriend. Nahhh, even that won't make me leave my eyes open for 6 hours. Nope. Feeling down? Nope. School? Finished that last year, been there, done that soooo.... Money? I think about making that but not to the point of consuming my very thoughts and consequently losing sleep. Okay, lets stop with all the guesses. It's becoming exasperating. Lemme just blurt it out instead of 'sweeping' around the bush.
Three words. Vicious prayer warriors!!! Yep, my neighbours. The hubby and his wife. Living right next to me. My bedroom window faces their house directly so you can only imagine how the ''loudspeakers'' blare in my ears each night. The shouting matches start around 12 a.m and gets louder for another 3 hours. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against people praying at night but not to the detriment of other people's God-granted sleep. Haba! And to think it's not a normal prayer ooo. It is always a prayer of their enemies falling down and dying. Habaaa. Praying for a fellow human to die.
Just last night, I decided to listen carefully to what they were saying. Ahh, I had to listen because I had no other choice. I had lost choice of sleeping so the only ''forced choice'' was for me to listen. So the wife had a shouting row (yeah that's what I call it coz that ain't praying) and she said ''Ohhh God, anybody in this world against my happiness, may they fall down and die. Anybody that says me and my family will not succeed, may the person have a stroke and die (Stroke????). Anyone in this country that sets a bad mind against me (Wow, you sure do have a lot of haters) Ohhhh Lord, may he or she lose direction (Ehnn, it makes sense small). Any one in this estate (At the mention of the word estate, my ears prickled) man or woman who wants to see my family fall, may that person die.''
Then I thought ''Hell no, Woman you just hit the wrong boat''. Why mention our estate? People have their own problems so why should they burden themselves with only ill-thoughts of your family. It doesn't end there. For added juice to prayer, she speaks in tongues.''Ohh-chickalacka-sererevastickalasha''. But really, what I'm hearing is ''Ohh-chickalacka-prakatatumba''. Hahahaha. What can I say? If I'm hearing such, I have to tune it down to humour. I'm not getting sleep. The least I could do is laugh a bit (in my mind anyway) else my parents think I have gone 'boinkers' laughing out loud. Sometimes, the man comes out of the house and shouts so fiercely and then the woman takes the spotlight by force like no one else shall outshine her voice.
Seriously, when all humour is lost, it gets annoying especially after a long, hard day. No, not at work. At home. Since I have got till July to serve and as it turns out I'm the only female at home (aside my mam), I have become the 21st century Cinderella without all the step-sisters so go figure. I love the work but I need my sleep, damn it. I prop up my pillows keeping them down on my head to drown out the voices but it doesn't work. I'm just an inch away from actually losing breath what with all the pressing down of pillows on my head. One week without sleep. End result----Baggy eyes. I got all this dark circles under my eyes and one would think I got beat down by some huge guy...just kidding...not that bad but to the point of looking sick and frail.
It's so bad I doze off on duty--doing laundry, you can spot me yawning and trying to steal 10 minutes of sleep. One time, I almost dozed off completely while cooking. Imagine falling asleep on a pot of hot soup. ''I for hear am that day''. I'm not the only one facing this dilemma. My parents and neighbours complain about it bitterly. I would have endured it if they were nice people (Pray on, pray on) but they are huge snobs. They are not friendly with anyone in the neighbourhood.
I love praying but does a shouting match bend the Almighty's ears in your direction faster? I think not. My baggy eyes remain--for now. Looking at my clock, It's 11pm..*sighs*.. I better sleep now before the matches start. I got one hour. I better put it to good use.
Saturday, 24 March 2012
A light of the world to your parents
Rays of sunshine to your friends
Perfection personified like no other
You had a heart full of love
Never was there an ill thought lurking beneath
Always cherished for your kind gestures
Indeed, I loved you for the heart you possessed
So close we were that our families became friends
You and I -- The knots bonding them like glue
Our mums became best pals
Just the way we were
We shared dreams and envisioned our future
Pictured ourselves at each others' wedding
Making Kodak moments
Living a life that one would emulate
Life was fine for us ----- till terror struck
A strange illness caught up with you
I saw you slowly fading away from me
Prayed that you would bounce back to healthy rhythm
Seeing you smile was all that mattered
I told you it would all be over
I said ''You would be well again''
It was a firm conviction within me and I believed it
So much pain and agony you endured
Still, your face never lacked that glow
You shed no tears
But I know, welts on the inside stung
A lasting grin you always saved
For the ones you held dear
They know not what you went through
No hint of the trauma behind the happy face
We all had mighty hope, we prayed for you
You astounded us with how brave you were
I never wanted to cry in your presence
For I believed this too shall pass
You were in another city getting medical attention
Called you but you were too weak to answer
With the little strength you had, you text-ed me to say
''Sorry for not being able to pick. Wish to see you soon. Love you''
I was positive I would see you again
Little did I know that the end was near
Came back from school one day
To find my mum and sisters in tears
The bombshell was dropped
I was told you had just died that morning
Never cried so hard in my life
The only thing I could say was ''God. Whyyy?''
I was a crying mess, moped around for days
My oldest friend of 13 years had been rudely snatched from me
By the cold hands of death
It wasn't fair, It wasn't fair, It still isn't fair
Sometimes I sense your presence around me
Like you are there but I can't reach out to you
Can't bring myself to delete your number and your messages
You left me too soon and I couldn't see you before you passed on
I cried hard again today
Because it is your birthday
And we should be rejoicing together
I picture myself laughing and telling you ''Yellzzz you are a big chic now ooo''
My mum still speaks highly of you
She adored you sooo much
I pick up the phone to call your mum and console her
But I can't because tears will take over my words
As I type this words, tears flop on my keyboard
But I don't care because I want to let it all out
It's a raw sting and it still hurts
There are so many things I wish I had told you
I miss your smiles, your laughter
I know that somewhere in heaven you are watching us
Your memory remains fresh
And It will always be
Forgetting you is out of the question
Its been 237 days since you left and I still miss you
I love you, my beautiful friend Shade
I love you, my beautiful friend Shade
And I will always do
Thursday, 15 March 2012
Hey dearies. I just realized it’s been a week since my last post. That’s STRIKE ONE for me, right? I do not want to morph into the habit of leaving my blog full of cobwebs and then having to use a broom of words to clean it up later on. Lol. That’s a no-no. My thought-waves have been static of late but something my dad said today got them all swirly and into overdrive.
We were both heading into town to get some things. There was a little traffic and there was this old woman on a street begging for alms. My dad gave her some little change. He then turned to me and in his ‘’wise-daddy voice’’ said ‘’She stays there, day after day in spite of the scorching heat because she has hope that it will be better. Hope is what keeps her moving, keeps her alive to stay another day. Life has its ups and downs. If you find yourself in a bad situation and you feel like it’s all going downhill from there, believe in God, do not let it depress you, think positive and it will all work out for the better ’’.
Those words were etched into my memory. I literally crammed them (I too dey cram things put for head..lol). It has become my new mantra for the time being and I have been mulling over it. We all experience some bad downturns at some point in our life, some so terrible that one would think nothing better can come forth ever. The thing is how do we handle them? How do we move on after? Most people will wallow in depression and misery because it’s that bad or worse, make an attempt to commit suicide. Depression can get so bad it turns out to be an illness, a diseased state of the mind. Some people take prescription drugs for it sef. Still, at that dreary point, who do we turn to? We call on God, pray that this dilemma we find ourselves in be vanquished and we have faith in Him that things will indeed work out for the better. Remember though faith always goes side by side with hope.
Hope. Hope. Hope. That abstract emotion we feel and believe that events in our life will turn out for the best and everything will be great and dandy. It’s not a misplaced emotion. Some pessimists say hope is a mirage, a false feeling we use to console ourselves that things will be better. I say that is ultimate crap. I know there are hard times, times we want to scream out loud, cry, tear our hair out even if we have this indifferent look on our face. Still, a boiling emotion within. Without hope, we are left with a feeling of despair, a pale inner self, a lack of determination and we die a little inside with each day that passes because the desire to LIVE in time will be gone. We feel forsaken, become resentful of the world and it ages us fast. The philosopher Theocritus once said and I quote ‘’While there is life, there is hope and only the dead have none’’. I totally concur.
When we find ourselves knee-deep in despair, we must try to reach out to the ones that care about our existence – our family, close friends, a sister, a close cousin or whoever is in a serious romantic relationship with you so we don’t become an island of self-pity and misery. Despair is a dark, dark partner to live with and you shouldn’t let it reside in you else it eats you up slowly like a virus. We shouldn’t let it embrace us. Not an option. It still stresses my point that you need loved ones around you that are willing to put a smile on your face & fill your heart with happiness.
I believe hope helps us to be optimistic, you know, think positively. Besides, I don’t need to stress too much on the power of the mind and how our thoughts affect our well-being. With hope comes the desire to be proactive and rise above whatever bad situation you find yourself. It’s not easy but we have to train our mind in that direction so hope frees it of sad, befuddling thoughts and instead place it with the belief that a positive outcome will prevail. With that belief brings a consequent desire to find the inner happiness eluding us at that point in time. Still, it doesn't mean we should rest on our oars and wait on hope alone to work it out. We only use hope as a positive incentive to realize those outcomes we want for ourselves (hoping that makes sense). I do not qualify as a hundred percent ‘hopeful’ person but I’m getting there, still building my relationship with hope.
If my dad believes in it, I will too. It’s no wonder he still looks sooooo young for his age. I guess a heart filled with happiness and optimism will do that to you. Hell yeah, I’m totally down with ‘’proactive hope’’. You should be too :)
Bye for now. Will be stopping by soon.
Thursday, 8 March 2012
Let’s start with Miss H since you came into the world before Miss B. Miss B, don’t worry, I’m coming to you, okay? I’m saving the best for last. Ehmm, Miss H, I didn’t mean it like that before you go on squinting your face. You know she’s the last girl so she needs to be shown that extra attention (yimu).
MISS H, my lovely sis:
1. I know I don’t tell you this often but I love how selfless you are. It’s all natural. You give without hesitating (that is, when you have). You make me think of that chocolate I hid under my pillow and I berate myself for being a bit selfish. Then I call you girls and say ‘’Look what I got here!!!’’. It’s always exciting to see those cute doe eyes pop out on your face because I know how much you and Miss B love chocolate.
2. You make me laugh real hard; they say I’m hilarious but I tell them, ‘’you haven’t met my sis Miss H’’. The expressions you have on your face when you crack a witty joke or tease anyone are comedic winners. I think it’s because of you; my dimples deepen more and more from too much laughter. Plus that maniacal laughter of yours resembling that of a mad cartoon scientist is really endearing.
3. Ahem, the tell-tale in the family. Whenever I told you I felt sick and didn’t want mum to know, You would look at me and say ‘’Why did you tell me now? See, I have to tell her ooo, What if it gets worse and something really bad happens to you, Do you think I would forgive myself?’’ and then, as always, you run off to tell our mum who you know gets hysterical at the word ‘’sick’’ and starts prescribing Robb, Aboniki balm, Paracetamol, ‘’Agbo’’ drink, hahaha. I know that’s your way of caring and though it may be annoying at times, I love you for that.
4. I love your dark, long hair. Ok, I won’t say anymore on that. Ohhh, now, I won’t hear the end of this one because you will keep pestering me with ‘’Sooo you admit you love my hair?’’
5. Stubborn is your middle name. There’s no winning an argument with you. Even though I know more than half of the time, I’m always right, I still back out so you can have all the glory of winning. ‘’Senior things’’. Apart from being stubborn, I love the ingenious and brilliant mind of yours that shows the creative side of you. Rock on with that!
6. You know me inside-out. Sometimes you can tell what I’m thinking of and it’s a bit scary. I only lie and say ‘’That’s not trueeee, I’m not thinking of that’’. Are you psychic or something? Tell me ooo.
7. Shopping with you is always fun. You have this knack for knowing good fashion. I was always clueless on picking out nice accessories. Well, with any other dress, top, jeans, shoes, I could do that all on my own. Still, I would value your input on what was great to wear being the fashionista that you are.
8. I love the way you sing and carry that tone-deaf voice of yours with grace. You sing with a high key and I like that you don’t care even if it doesn’t sound an inch like that of Mariah Carey’s. ‘’You no send at all’’. By the way, it makes me laugh real hard when you try to carry a note especially when it's all scratchy.
9. When you are hurt or really sad, you do this whimpering look on your face like that of Tom when he gets hit by Jerry, your mouth quivers and shakes and your nostrils widen a bit. Right then, all I can think of is a gun and a single bullet so I can go all ‘’Russian Roulette’ on whoever made you sad. Still, I like that because my protective instinct bursts out.
10. You are classy, beautiful and ambitious. Wait, those were three things. There's no point erasing the other two. Let’s just leave it as added bonuses. :D I love you, my beautiful Miss H…
Hmmm, Miss B, my baby sis, the last chic of the family:
1. I love the beautiful soul in you. You have this aura that can calm a violent storm. Sometimes, I can almost see the halo on your head. Tell me, are you an angel in human form sent to watch over us?
2. Your intelligence is uncanny. I always tend to forget how young you are because you have a really mature way of thinking. It’s like you are light years ahead of your peers.
3. Like Miss H, you are also selfless. You are overly concerned about others and you would do anything just to put a smile on their face. I admire that.
4. Speaking of smiles, your smile radiates like heat. It resonates and everyone around you feels the impact. So beautiful!
5. My star poet in the making. Haba, even my best homie fell for you after I showed him the poem you wrote. It did ‘serious jazz’ on him. Haha. Don’t worry, I have told him to lay hands off. You know now, I’m just fulfilling my big sis duties. *winks*. Face your book ooo. Hahaha.
6. You read a sad romantic novel or watch all this Indian movies (which you are so addicted to by the way) and the dams will break loose. I remember this one time I offered to give you paracetamol because the vein in your head popped out while crying. Ahhh, I thought to myself ‘’This girl go fit act film ooo, See cry’’. I try to sit one movie out with you to see what makes your tear glands let loose. We get to the sad scene, I shed a silent tear or two, I look at you and there you go
crying wailing. The sight of it would always make me laugh hard and long. Still, I like that. At least, it brings me to tears of joy laughter.
7. You hold no grudges against people and you have a forgiving heart. This only validates number 1.
8. I love the way you speak with all those natural phonetic intonations. So cute. It’s so intense that when you attempt to speak pidgin, we plead and beg you to stick to speaking articulately and we warn you not to ever try that in public. I mean it, not ever oo!
9. You are so blunt that you would rather tell the truth straight-up to someone than embellish it with a two-faced lie. You are a stickler for the truth and Me likey!!!
10. Finally, I love that you are very confident and you believe in yourself. Beauty and confidence! A great combo!
So, Miss H and Miss B, I have said it all!!!! Guys say bros before h*s but I say ‘’sistahs before mistahs’’. I love you dearies and I thank God for placing you girls in our family.!!! With you, I have my very own hilarious family sitcom with endless seasons. Priceless!!! MMMWAAAAHHH.
Pheeewww!!! That was a long one. I'm glad to have got that off my chest since I never told you girls this.
P.S. I was pretty hyper when posting this!